Oil on canvas signed Paul Louis Mestrallet (1886-1961) and dated 1930.
A gorgeous burst of red with purple undertones for this compact still life. The light is balanced with a nice luminosity of the gradient silver-gray background. Mestrallet multiplies the angles and creates a beautiful relief with a wild bouquet.
About the artist: Paul Louis Mestrallet was born in Paris in 1886 and died in 1961. After training at Beaux-Arts, he traveled around France in search of the right light and landscape. Using the technique of split brush, his work is known for an uninhibited use of bright colors. Apart from landscapes done in Brittany, Vendée, and the Mediterranean basin, Mestrallet painted Parisian bridges and produced many works of still life with generous color and texture. By 1909 his work started appearing in Parisian salons and included Salon des Indépendants et des Artistes Français. Today, several French museums have collected works by Mestrallet.
- Overall size: 16.9" x 20"/ 43cm x 51cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Paul Louis Mestrallet (1886-1961).
- Date: 1930.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition despite marks on the edges due to its past framing.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo.