Fruit & Pitcher
Antique Still Life Painting: French School of the 20th century watercolor and charcoal under glass, signed in the lower right Gustave Gautier Gallet (1880-1950).
This is a classic composition, with a proven technical mastery in its use of light and geometry. The chiaroscuro and the perspectives are marked and abundant in nuances. Note the work of the reflections of the apples on the pitcher. The colors are lifelike and blend seamlessly into the intricacy of the lights.
- Overall size: 22.2" x 16.9" / 56.5cm x 43cm.
- Size without the frame: 18.9" x 13.7" / 48cm x 35cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Gustave Gautier Gallet (1880-1950).
- Date: Early 1900s.
- Condition: The watercolor is in excellent condition, protected by its glass. The carved gilded frame is in very good condition, with some impacts on the side edges.
- Materials: Watercolor and charcoal under glass.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).