Antique oil painting from France: This stately gentleman turns toward the viewer with a confident and peaceful regard. The painting is an original oil painting on stretched canvas from France. It is dated in the mid 1800's. There is no signature apparent. The painting is gorgeous with the dark colors of the background and the man's clothing, along with the gentle shadows on his face. There is some damage visible on the lower quartile of the painting: A tear of approximately 3 cm, as well as some light marks along the gentleman's sleeve. The frame is also missing some of the outer edge detailing.
- Overall size: 26.3" x 22.8" / 67.5 cm x 58.5cm.
- Size without the Frame: 19.2" x 15.7" / 49.5cm x 40cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No.
- Date: mid 1800's.
- Condition: Lower quartile of painting has a tear and some marks. Frame missing important outer edges.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).