Old European Landscape Painting: Belgian School of the 19th-century oil on wood panel signed Emile Keymeulen (1840-1882) and titled "Le Retour du Troupeau" (The return of the herd). A plaque bearing the artist's name is attached to the inner frame. An old Salon label is adhered to the back.
The surface of the panel is perfectly smooth. This landscape respects all the Flemish XIXth century school codes, worked with meticulousness in its variations of details. The radiance is strong and the colors have a true freshness. This natural light is accentuated by the powerful gilding of the carved wooden frame.
A rare and stunning example of the Flemish 1800's landscape paintings, by one of the known artists from this period.
- Overall size: 18.8" x 22" / 48cm x 56cm.
- Size without the Frame: 9.8" x 12.9" / 25cm x 33.5cm.
- Provenance: Belgium.
- Signed: Yes, Emile Keymeulen (1840-1882).
- Date: Mid 1800's.
- Materials: Oil on wood.
- Condition: The panel is in excellent condition despite a few veins visible very closely. The frame is in perfect condition.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.