Antique landscape French painting: French school of the 19th-century oil on canvas signed Albert Lebourg (1849-1928). The canvas has deep texture on the clouds, creating a nuanced light thanks to the dark foreground. There is strong emotion in the landscape, as though all the colors are veiled by a storm coming or going.
About the artist: Albert Lebourg is a French impressionist painter, born February 1, 1849 in Montfort-sur-Risle and died January 6, 1928 in Rouen. He came from the Rouen School, but lived all over the world. After spending years in Africa, he participated in exhibitions in Paris, Brussels, Rotterdam, and Barcelona. Over the years, he refined his technique, always in search of clearer, brighter palettes, as a great impressionist painter and avid traveler.
- Overall size: 14.9" x 20.4" / 38.5cm x 52.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 11.8" x 17.3" / 30cm x 44cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Albert Lebourg (1849-1928).
- Date: Late 1800's.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Condition: The canvas and the frame are in very good condition.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.