Fine Art from France: French School of the XIX century oil on canvas signed in the lower right, Jean Arnavielle (1881-1961), with a plaque in the name of the artist on the vertical interior edge. This is a known French artist who created many works from the period.
An impressionistic landscape with a captivating and calming perspective where a herd grazes under a magnificent azure blue sky. A softness emerges from the lines and volumes, magnificently carried by the shimmering palette of Arnavielle.
About the artist: Jean Arnavielle was a French Impressionist painter. He was born in Paris in 1881. Arnavielle painted genre scenes, but mostly landscapes around the Paris region and in Normandy. Like Eugène Boudin, he also pushed the limits of capturing skies. He exhibited at the Salon des Indépendants in Paris from 1907, and passed away in Paris in 1961.
- Overall size: 20.8" x 27.1" / 53.5cm x 69cm.
- Size without the Frame: 18.1" x 20.4" / 46cm x 61cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Jean Arnavielle (1881-1961)).
- Date: XXth century.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition. The frame lacks moldings, the main ones being located in the upper right corner.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.