Vue de Jardin
A 19th-century French school oil painting on wooden panel, characterized by a discernible texture when touched.
This artwork presents what appears to be the outer or inner walls of a chateau or large estate. We see a figure who may be a gardener on the left hand side. The artist uses fine brushstrokes and subtle textural nuances to add depth and realism. The painting is presented in an aged wooden frame embellished with intricate foliage motifs, the frame itself harmonizes beautifully with the garden theme, enhancing the overall aesthetic appeal.
- Overall Size: 12.2" x 10.2" / 31.5cm x 26cm.
- Size without the frame: 7.8" x 5.9" / 20.5cm 15cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The work has a few small stains due to time and a patina effect in certain lights. The frame bears traces of restoration and has some impacts and gaps in the exterior corners as well as a small lack of molding on the upper horizontal edge.
- Materials: Oil on wood with an antique light wood and plaster frame.
- Shipping: This painting includes free shipping. An additional fee is applied for Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.