Apples & Bouquet
19th-century French School oil painting on canvas signed on the composition label in the lower-left "H. Crétens" (19th century). The artwork is smooth to the touch.
A still life with perfectly controlled light. The composition captivates with the finesse of its lines and its dazzling colors. The layout of each element responds to a highly intentional staging and harmony of the light.
- Overall size: 21.2" x 20.4" / 54.5cm x 52cm.
- Size without the Frame: 14.5" x 12.9" / 37cm x 33cm.
- Country: France.
- Provenance: Robert Leboucher and Robert Hanes workshop.
- Signed: H. Crétens (19th century).
- Date: Mid-19th century.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Condition: The canvas shows a bit of a rectangular crease where the stretched canvas has pressed against its wooden frame over time. This painting has been restored to the right of the top red flower to close a tear (1 inch area). The frame has some rare impacts, but no lack of moldings. The whole is in excellent condition for its age.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.