Apples & Table
20th-century French School oil on canvas signed M.France (20th century) at the top left. The artwork is smooth to the touch.
This still life is inspired by the Realist movement, featuring meticulous light work. The composition's luminosity casts shadows on some fruits, while the colorful ones take center stage. The artist captures the intricate reflections on the fruit skins, evoking a time when the French Academy's domes began to quiver in anticipation of emerging artistic movements.
- Overall Size: 16.5" x 21.6" / 42.5cm x 55cm.
- Size without the frame: 12.9" x 18.1" / 33cm x 46cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: M. France (20th century).
- Date: Early-1900s.
- Condition: The canvas has some veins, restoration areas, and small holes in the corners from previous framing. The frame has traces and impacts, with slight gaps in certain angles.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas with an antique wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.