19th-century French School oil painting on wood monogrammed "A.P" referring to Armand Point (1861-1932). There are the outlines of a boat study on the reverse side of the finished work/ The artwork possesses a noticeable texture to the touch.
This painting depicts a wooded landscape at sunset, characteristic of the symbolist movement. While the brushstrokes have an animated feel, they're structured, giving the foreground an appealing texture. The choice of colors and the interpretation of the theme are consistent with the hallmarks of symbolism. The piece beautifully blends geometric shapes with poetic elements. Unlike Naturalism, which emphasizes a true-to-life depiction of nature, this work leans towards a subjective representation of reality.
About the artist:
- Overall Size: 11.8" x 15.5" / 30cm x 39.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 9" x 12.9" / 23.5cm x 33.5cm.
- Country: France.
- Monogrammed: A.P for Armand Point (1861-1932).
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The wooden panel is in well-preserved condition. However, the frame exhibits gaps and signs of impact.
- Materials: Oil on wood with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.