19th-century Belgian School oil painting on a wooden panel. There's a signature on the lower left, but it's difficult to read. The painting has a textured surface.
The painting shows a forest scene inspired by the Barbizon school. It has a central character. The trees and vegetation in the foreground are painted with tight quick brushstrokes, creating a feeling of depth. The central character highlights the vastness of the scene. This small and detailed painting is accentuated by an exceptional frame.
- Overall size: 13.7" x 15.7" / 35.5cm x 40.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 4.7" x 6.6" / 12cm x 17cm.
- Country: Belgium.
- Signed: Yes (illegible).
- Date: Mid-Late 19th century.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition for its age. The exceptional frame has traces and a lack of moldings in the upper left interior corner. Some of the moldings, especially those on the exterior corners, have been previously restored.
- Materials: Oil on wood with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide Shipping with a small surcharge added for Australia and Asia.