A 19th-century Belgian school oil on canvas painting mounted on a wooden panel. This work is attributed to the artist Louis Robbe (1806-1887). The painting has a smooth texture.
A piece depicting a cow grazing with precise and consistent brushstrokes. The lighting comes from the left and realistically emphasizes the muscular physique of the cow, which occupies most of the artwork. The cow's size creates a shadow that covers most of the front of its body. The stucco and gilded wood frame subtly enhance the lighting technique known as chiaroscuro. Look on the back of this painting for a fun detail.
- Overall size: 7.8" x 9.8" / 20.5cm x 25cm.
- Size without the frame: 5.1" x 7" / 13cm x 18cm.
- Country: Belgium.
- Attributed to: Louis Robbe (1806-1887).
- Date: Mid-Late 19th century.
- Condition: The panel has veins and gaps. The frame has several impacts and cracks.
- Materials: Oil on canvas mounted on a wooden panel with a stucco and wood frame.
- Shipping: Free Global Shipping with a small surcharge for Australia and Asia.