Fleurs & Vase
20th-century French school large-scale oil on canvas signed W. Donel in the lower righthand corner. The canvas has an abundant texture to the touch.
A real depth emerges from the composition thanks to the volume of material and the mastery of the projected shadows. The shades of gray in the background sublimate these effects and reveal the precise work of the light. The colors explode of the canvas. This is a very heavy and large artwork, perfect to be a hero piece.
- Overall size: 27" x 30.7" / 69 cm x 78 cm.
- Size without the frame: 18.1" x 21.7" / 46 cm x 55 cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Early 20th century.
- Conditions: The canvas has a tiny puncture on the lefthand side and two larger openings in the lining on the righthand side (~.5" and discreet). One of the corners of the frame has a missing piece of moulding, and the large frame is fragile in terms of its mouldings and details.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia & New Zealand).