19th century French School oil on canvas signed Anne Alexandrine Lucotte (18th & 19th century) in the lower right hand corner. The canvas has a little texture to the touch.
This still life from 1808 was created in the vein of the 17th-century Dutch paintings with a dark minimalist background which contrasts sharply with the brilliance of the flowers. The petals have the geometry worked. The shadows and reflections are realistic. Wild honeysuckle stands out against the roses.
- Overall size: 16.9" x 21.2" / 43cm x 54.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 13.1" x 17.7" / 33.5cm x 45cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anne Alexandrine Lucotte (18th & 19th century).
- Date: 1808.
- Condition: The canvas has 2 openings (0.3") in the center. The old frame has traces and impacts without gaps.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia & New Zealand).