20th century French School oil on canvas signed in the lower righthand corner by Georges Péletin (1920-2012). The canvas is smooth to the touch.
Work with visible brushstrokes and at the same time a great graphic finesse. The beautiful volumes of the trees are accompanied by an almost saffron orange palette that radiates throughout the work. Dark areas are rare on this landscape and the luminosity gives a realistic reflection of a French wood illuminated by the beautiful autumnal sun.
About the artist: Georges Camille Gabriel Petetin was a French painter and sculptor born February 12, 1920 in Saint-Lupicin (Jura) and who died January 13, 2012 in Auxerre (Yonne). Petetin was known for his knife painting technique and his love of wild landscapes -- places where no one else would be. He was admitted to the Beaux-Arts in Paris in 1937. After World War II he settled in Besançon (Burgundy) and exhibited locally. In 1964 he joined the prestigious Société des Artistes Français (French artists association for salons) and exhibited regularly at the Grand Palais in Paris. After winning several international art fair prizes, he exhibited in Washington D.C. and San Francisco as well as in Paris and throughout France.
- Overall size: 14.5" x 17.7" / 37cm x 45cm.
- Size without the frame: 10.6" x 13.7" / 27cm x 35cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Georges Péletin (1920-2012).
- Date: 20th century.
- Condition: The canvas and the frame are in very good condition.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).