Bouquet et Livres
Antique oil painting from France: Oil painting on carton from the 19th-century French School, signed in the lower right corner Aline Le Mouton (1892-1971).
Le Mouton has perfectly distributed the material on the carton (a type of hard cardboard), creating dimension in the floral composition. The background in moss, green and chrome shades, along with the accuracy of the shadows and the vase offer a beautiful depth to the bouquet. Upon closer inspection of the bouquet, you can see the calming harmony of colors in the flowers. The stacked books are a sweet and familiar touch.
About the artist: Le Mouton is from the Rouen School and she attended the Beaux-Arts in this Normandy capital. She traveled extensively in Europe, and across the world. She produced many landscapes in tawny colors, while her florals are deep and powerful.
- Overall size: 27.5" x 22" / 70.5cm x 56cm.
- Size without the frame: 24.8" x 18.8" / 63cm x 48cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Aline Le Mouton (1892-1971).
- Date: Mid 1900's.
- Condition: The cardboard is a little rounded but has no significant lack. The frame has some linear impacts on the outer edges.
- Materials: Oil on cardboard.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.