Oil on canvas signed by French Impressionist painter Paul Louis Mestrallet (1886-1961).
An oval still life of a bouquet with dynamic raised brushstrokes and texture to the touch on the flower petals... A beautiful composition, the painting's shadows and color gradients give depth to the work and are balanced with subtle iron gray and pearl tones in the background.
About the artist: Paul Louis Mestrallet was born in Paris in 1886 and died in 1961. After training at Beaux-Arts, he traveled around France in search of the right light and landscape. Using the technique of split brush, his work is known for an uninhibited use of bright colors. Apart from landscapes done in Brittany, Vendée, and the Mediterranean basin, Mestrallet painted Parisian bridges and produced many works of still life with generous color and texture. By 1909 his work started appearing in Parisian salons and included Salon des Indépendants et des Artistes Français. Today, several French museums have collected works by Mestrallet.
- Overall size: 24.4" x 28.9" / 62cm x 73.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 20.8" x 25.5" / 53cm x 65cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Paul Louis Mestrallet (1886-1961).
- Date: Around 1920.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition. The frame has two gaps on the right side and at the bottom left.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo.