Original antique oil painting: French school of the XIXth century oil on carton signed Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938), with the stamp from his workshop visible on the bottom left.
The surface of the canvas presents thicknesses on the foliage in the foreground, and the brushstrokes becomes more regular on the following planes. The spring palette is mastered with the play of shadows and perspectives on the branches showing Ménard's mastery of his subject.
About the artist: Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938) was born in Nantes in 1857. He trained at the Beaux-Arts in Paris with renowned professors such as Luc-Olivier Merson (1846-1920), Jules Joseph Lefebvre (1834-1912) and Henri-Lucien Doucet (1856-1895). He lived in Paris in the second district where he met and married Charlotte Morel, one of the first women to be admitted to mixed classes of the Beaux-Arts.
- Overall size: 11" x 16.1" / 28.5cm x 41.5cm.
- Size without the Frame: 10.2" x 14.5" / 26cm x 37.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: Late 1800's.
- Condition: The cartonis in good condition despite loss of material on the edges, such as the upper left corner. The frame has impacts and lacks on the moldings as well as in the angles.
- Materials: Oil on carton.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.