This is a small oil painting from the French school of the 20th century. The painting is done on a light wooden surface that feels smooth to the touch.
The artwork depicts a charming scene on a bridge, portrayed at a small scale, about the size of a postcard. It seems to show a mother and her daughter standing on a wrought iron railing and looking out at a canal. Both women are dressed in light pink, with the daughter wearing a bow in her hair. The feminine colors are also reflected in the stone bridge and its bars behind them.
This very small piece (about the size of a postcard), would be a lovely addition to a bookshelf or vanity. On the back of the painting, there is a stamp that reads "Fournitures Generales pour la Peinture - A. Coccoz, Paris." This stamp indicates that the panel used for the painting was made by A. Coccoz, a supplier of painting materials in Paris. This detail suggests that the painting was created in the early 1900s.
- Overall Size: 5.1" x 7" / 13cm x 18cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Early 20th century.
- Condition: Worn edges on the wooden panel and some light marks on the surface. Generally good condition for age.
- Materials: Oil on light wood.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.