20th century French School oil on wood panel painting signed in the lower right (illegible) and recorded to be the Brussels Canal, visible on the back of the painting. The panel has a little texture to the touch.
An Impressionist marine scene with a clear and colorful luminosity. We can feel the strong emotion in the technique, as voluminous brush strokes and finer lines alternate. The complex shades of purple translate to a certain wonder pulling us to contemplate the slightest reflections on the front of the boats.
- Overall size: 14.9" x 18.1" / 38.5cm x 46.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 9.8" x 12.9" / 25cm x 33cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes (illegible).
- Date: Early 20th century.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition, as is the frame as well, despite some rare small traces of impact.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand).