20th-century French School oil on Canvas by A. Hermain (20th-century).
A remarkable 20th-century French School oil painting on canvas, signed by the artist A. Hermain. The lower left corner bears the date '27', while the back of the artwork reveals its location in Champagne. A delightful texture can be felt upon touching the painting.
This captivating landscape set in the Champagne region, characterized by expansive volumes and profound emotional intensity. The artist's brushstrokes exhibit remarkable texture, particularly evident in the foreground vegetation, creating a compelling illusion of depth. The houses, adorned with carefully controlled lines, appear to concentrate and reflect the ambient light. Notably, the period frame, featuring rounded lines, provides an exquisite contrast to the buildings' rectilinear geometry.
A 20th-century artwork showcasing the artist's exceptional technique, where textures, lines, and light harmoniously interact. Champagne lovers will experience the familiar allure of this landscape painting that encapsulates the essence of the era and famous region.
- Overall Size: 13.3" x 16.5" / 34.5cm x 42cm.
Size without the frame: 10.6" x 13.7" / 27cm x 35cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: A. Hermain (20th-century).
- Date: Early 20th-century.
- Condition: The canvas has a small lack (0.1") at the top right of the sky. The frame has missing moldings on the lower horizontal edge as well as restored areas.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas with a wood and stucco frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.