A serene 19th-century French school oil on canvas, signed by Charles Louis Meyer (1882-1980) in the lower right corner and dated 1906. The artwork features a smooth surface to the touch.
With varied brushstrokes in both volume and intention, the painting exhibits a misty impressionist effect that harmonizes with the subdued lighting. The soft, almost pastel palette and gentle lines evoke a sense of tranquility within the landscape.
A figure walks through the landscape, cloaked in the early morning haze. The pinks and purples of the landscape foliage harmonize with the creamy daybreak sky.
- Overall Size: 18.1" x 25.5" / 46cm x 65cm.
- Country of Origin: France.
- Signature: Charles Louis Meyer (1882-1980).
- Creation Date: 1906.
- Condition: Minor gaps and traces are present, but the overall condition is very good considering its age. Materials.
- Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Complimentary shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge will be applied for deliveries to Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.