Dames & Lévriers
20th-century French School oil on canvas painting. The work has a little texture to the touch.
A remarkable and quintessential Impressionist painting showing a garden with two women resting in the dappled shade of a tree, their two greyhounds beside them. The juxtaposed brushstrokes are rich in volume and reflect strong emotion. The lively palette mixes with a marked chiaroscuro between the two women and the dogs at their feet. The choice of colors and postures seem to tell us a story. The poetic dimension of the work is reinforced by the colorful environment with also a precise work of light. The bright color of the women's dresses and the peacefulness of the postures, as well as the dog who's muzzle rests in the hand of the standing woman, all emit a tranquility and elegance.
- Overall Size: 21.2" x 24.4" / 54cm x 62cm.
- Size without the frame: 14.9" x 18.1" /38cm x 46cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Early 20th-century.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition. The frame has several traces and gaps.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas with wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.