20th-century French School oil on canvas signed Juliette Émilie Debes (1889-1979) in the lower right. The work has a little texture to the touch.
A sunny view of an outbuilding with trees. Thick and varied brushstrokes are visible on the vegetation and the rock creating a beautiful movement. The dynamic is supported by a mix of warm and cool palettes and realistic light work.
About the artist: Juliette Émilie Debes known as J.Debes was a French landscape and portrait painter born in Paris on August 20, 1889. She passed away in Rueil-Malmaison (a Parisian suburb) on July 10, 1979.
She primarily painted views of the countryside with farmhouses and villages and always demonstrated a mastered palette and search for authenticity. She began to exhibit at the French Artists' Fair in 1911 and obtained various medals. In 1927 she married the painter Emile Beaume (1888-1967) in Paris.
- Overall Size: 13.7"x 10.6" / 35cm x 27.5cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Juliette Émilie Debes (1889-1979).
- Date: Early-Mid 20th-century.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.