French brocante painting: French school oil on carton landscape painting, signed Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938). The back contains annotations and the title of the work; Effet de Lune (Moon Effect).
The surface of the work is smooth without excess material.
This impressionist landscape is bathed in a twilight sky with an explosive palette, which oscillates between silver grays and crimson shades, recalling certain versions of the Parliament of London by Claude Monet (1840-1926). A small format artwork that goes wonderfully with its golden carved frame.
- Overall size: 8.6" x 10.6" / 22cm x 27.5cm.
- Size without the Frame: 7" x 9.4" / 18.5cm x 24cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: Late 1800's.
- Condition: The cardboard is in very good condition. The frame is also in excellent condition.
- Materials: Oil on carton.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.