20th-century French School oil on canvas signed Paul Benoit Gaillard (1892-1941) in the lower left corner. The work has texture to the touch.
This Female nude reclines in an interior with bright natural light supported by a varied warm palette. Rounded lines, shadows and detailed reflections make it a modern and realistic work. Certain reddened areas give an impression of intimacy with the model, as does the vulnerability of her position. She lies in comfort surrounded by her art and objects.
About the artist: Paul Benoit Gaillard was a French post-Impressionist artist born in 1892. He mostly painted still lifes and nudes. Several of his works are in French museums. He died in 1941.
- Overall size: 19.6" x 24" / 50cm x 61cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Paul Benoit Gaillard (1892-1941).
- Date: Circa 1925.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Condition: The work is in very good condition for its age and bears restoration marks on the back.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.