19th-century French school oil on wood panel signed by F. Scipion Marie (19th & 20th century), featuring a serene landscape with regular circular brushstrokes and a slightly dimmed light. The smooth-to-touch artwork evokes a calming twilight atmosphere, with a skillful balance between light and shadows. The accompanying frame, adorned with reflective gilding, further enhances the luminosity of the work.
About the artist: F. Scipion Marie was a talented French painter active during the late 19th and early 20th century. Known for creating striking landscapes, his artistry is characterized by a delicate balance of light, color, and texture, resulting in captivating scenes that evoke a sense of tranquility.
- Overall Size: 9" x 12.9"/ 23.5cm x 33cm.
- Size without the frame: 4.7" x 8.6"/ 12.5cm x 22cm.
- Country: France. Signed: F. Scipion Marie (19th & 20th century).
- Date: Late-19th century.
- Condition: The panel is in good condition despite a stain due to time near the upper right corner. The original golden frame has a lack of 2.3" on the lower horizontal edge and traces due to time which make all its charm.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel with a stucco and wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.