Femme au Foulard
19th-century French School oil on wood panel. Portrait inspired by Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot. The artwork is smooth to the touch.
A bust portrait of a young woman in a dark outfit with lace. The pink scarf gives a touch of fantasy to the deep blue of the dress and contrasts with the dark maroon background and the character's neutral expression. The character's eyelids and cheeks pick up the pink as well, giving a dewy freshness and flush of emotion.
- Overall size: 13.7" x 10.6" / 35cm x 27cm.
- Size without the frame: 9.8" x 6.6" / 25cm x 17cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Late 19th-century.
- Condition: The panel has small gaps. The old frame has impacts and gaps on the horizontal outer edges.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.