20th-century Russian School oil painting on carton signed (illegible) in the lower right and countersigned on the back. The work has a lot of texture to the touch.
A view of a farm made with a knife, and created with abundant reliefs. The way the oil painting has been worked creates a real dynamism and captivating suggestion of depth. The volumes combine perfectly with the work of shadows, perspectives and realistic color gradients. This farm view catches the eye with its bright pops of pink, the illuminated wall of a structure behind the trees and a blue sky. The scene is full of movement, with the chickens feeding in the foreground, and light scattered throughout. The frame in wood and gilded stucco sublimates this effect.
- Overall Size: 14.9" x 18.5" / 38.5cm x 47cm.
Size without the frame: 8.6" x 12.2" / 22.5cm x 31cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Yes (illegible).
- Date: Early 20th-century.
- Condition: The work is in very good condition. The frame is in near mint condition.
- Materials: Oil on carton board with wood and stucco frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.