20th-century Belgian school oil painting on a wooden panel. The work has texture to the touch.
This Impressionist countryside landscape depicting a farmhouse is created with dynamic, highly textured brushstrokes that convey a sense of emotion. The energetic technique and textural variations evoke a turbulent, almost organic movement. The light also appears to be constantly shifting, influenced by the rich texture and a diverse color palette that sweeps across this impressive garden.
- Overall size: 14.5" x 18.1" / 37.5cm x 46cm.
- Size without the frame: 12.5" x 15.7" 32.5cm x 40.5cm.
- Country: Belgium.
- Artist: Attributed to Ernest Rocher (1872-19838)
- Date: Early 20th century.
- Condition: The work is missing a fleck of paint at the top center and shows a few small veins and cracks. A bit of excess paint (sky color) from the atelier is stuck in the left corner. The frame has some traces and small impacts.
- Materials: Oil on a wooden panel with a wood and stucco frame.
- Shipping: Free Global Shipping with a small surcharge for Australia and Asia.