Fish & Lemon
20th-century French School oil on carton signed in the lower right (illegible). The work has texture to the touch.
Still life with fish on a table and cloth, next to a stoneware jug, with visible juxtapositions of brushstrokes. If you look closely at the cloth and stoneware, the marks or French linen and French Betschdorf markings are visible.
The composition features a muted light supported by its dominance of darks. The light colors of the lemon and the tablecloth contrast with the fish and the background. The painting emits movement, a temporary work station in a kitchen, fresh and temporary, ready to prepare.
- Overall Size: 21.6" x 25.5" / 55cm x 65cm.
- Size without the frame: 18.1" x 22" / 46cm x 56cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Yes (illegible).
- Date: Mid 1900's.
- Condition: The work has small gaps and stains as well as a varnish that creates a shine in the light. The frame has various impacts and traces due to time which add to its charm.
- Materials: Oil on carton.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.