Les Ombres Vertes
Antique painting from Europe: Rodolphe Fornerod was born in Switzerland and trained at the École des Beaux-Arts from 1898 to 1904 and at the Académie Julian in Paris. During his studies, he traveled regularly to Spain where he was captivated by the works of Goya and El Greco. These two masters had a great influence on his work and in particular, his portraits.
From 1905, Rodolphe was a prolific and very active young painter. At the time, he exhibited regularly at the Independent Artists, the Salon d'Automne, the Société Nationale in Paris and the Salon de La Libre Esthétique in Brussels.
Beginning in 1909, he exhibited regularly in Geneva and in particular at the Museum des Beaux-Arts of Zurich, the Kunsthaus. The Beaux-Arts museum of Lausanne has one of his paintings, "The Pigtail".
- Overall Size: 16,7 " x 11.4 " / 42,5 cm x 29 cm.
- Provenance: Switzerland.
- Signed: Yes, Rodolphe Fornerod.
- Date: Late 1800's - Early 1900's.
- Condition: Oil on wood in good overall condition despite some missing pieces on the right outer edge, as well as a curvature on the upper part of the painting. The painting is missing some paint in certain elements of vegetation, revealing the wood of the work, creating an interesting effect of halo oxidation.
- Materials: Oil on wood.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).