In the Forest
French School of oil on wood signed lower left by Alain Bonnaud (19th -20th century). The artwork is smooth to the touch.
Barbizon school landscape with split lighting through an opening in the sky with the intersection of upper branches. The chiaroscuro effect is enhanced by the mastery of light and shadow on the branches and path. The character on the right is on the horizontal mainline, without being centered, to remind us that nature and ephemeral light are the true subjects of the landscape.
- Overall size: 14.5" x 9.8" /37cm x 25cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Alain Bonnaud (19th -20th century).
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition despite red marks in some places.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).