Original oil painting from France: Oil painting on canvas signed Héléne Bokanowski (1910-2000) on the back of the canvas, and titled "Interior Peasant". The work was created at 31 boulevards Berthier in the 17th arrondissement of Paris, a boulevard known for being a center of painters' studios and artists' residences.
Bokanowski reveals an interior of a peasant house with its classic elements, kerosene lamp, stone fireplace. Despite cold tones and discreet light, there is a feeling of reassuring warmth, like a cocoon from another era.
About the artist: Héléne Bokanowski (1910-2000) is a French poet, essayist, translator and painter. She was the wife of politician Michel Maurice Bokanowski (1912-2005), and the niece of art collector Alphonse Kann (1870-1948).
- Overall size: 19.6" x 25.1" / 50cm x 64.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, On the back, Héléne Bokanowski (1910-2000).
- Date: Mid-twentieth century.
- Condition: The canvas is in a very good state of conservation. There is a double tiny hole at the bottom right, on the right side of the chair.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.