Antique oil painting from France: French School of the XIXth Oil on canvas signed on the back by Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
The canvas has no abundance of material, but is rather smooth with consistent, balanced brush strokes. The scene represents a Turkish soldier on a stool. The light is powerful and very well nuanced against the turquoise blue outfit.
- Overall size: 14.1" x 10.2" / 36cm x 26cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes (on the back), Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: XIXth century.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition for its age with a few small gaps in particular on the edges and a couple of creases on the canvas that are light and barely noticeable.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo.