20th-century oil painting on canvas. The work has a little texture to the touch.
A luminous rosy-toned post-impressionist painting of Jardin du Luxembourg. An iconic Paris locale, the painting features two figures on the left in the shade of the Luxembourg Palace.
The brushstrokes are swift with a rich wavy texture. On the right, we see a bronze statue bathed in light, picking up the tones of the environment against the figure and marble base. The entire effect is romantic and quintessentially Parisian.
- Overall Size: 20.4" x 24" / 52.5cm x 61cm.
- Size without the frame: 14.9" x 18.1" / 38cm x 46cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Early 1900's.
- Condition: The canvas has linear veins mainly visible at sky level. The frame has a small hole on the upper horizontal interior edge.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.