Pear Still Life
European painting - Original oil painting on canvas: Still life signed Jeronimo. The work is carried out with a beautiful technical mastery which comes to rely on a subtle light. A feeling of captivating softness takes place. Jeronimo takes the academic codes in hand while playing on controlled reflections and an almost modest, intimate light.
About the artist: Jeronimo Muñiz, was born in Spain in 1938. He fell in love with Morocco and the variety of its landscapes. His artistic beginnings testify to this attachment, and he painted a wide variety of landscapes under tumultuous skies, in visible contrast with the blue-cliché and the almost folkloric colors that were in vogue at the time. Jeronimo was not even 30 years old.
Gaining artistic maturity, his eye and technique became more precise, with both still lifes and figures. Jeronimo's figurative art was born, imbued with a special light, and he gained a recognizable signature style, painting lines that are close together, featuring rich colors and sharp shapes. Jars, fruits, copper pots, large spaces, challenging faces, Moorish architecture, and puppets were among Jeronimo's subjects.
- Overall size: 18.8" x 14.9" / 48cm x 38cm.
- Size without the frame: 12.5" x 9" / 32.5cm x 23cm.
- Provenance: Spain.
- Signed: Yes, Jeronimo.
- Date: Mid-1900s.
- Condition: The canvas is in excellent condition with just a tiny loss in the right angle, below the signature. The frame has losses which were filled by retouching gilding. the whole is however in very good condition and the frame has an undeniable charm despite its alterations.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).