Original landscape painting from France: French School of the 20th-century oil on canvas signed Paris Maurice (1903-1969) with an exhibition label on the frame. The work is titled "Les collecteurs de varech" (The kelp collectors).
The canvas has few thicknesses and the brushstrokes are marked in the foreground.
An impressionist work full of movement, suggested by the horses and the characters in full effort. The palette is complex, cold and modern. A pretty discreet light envelops the scene, colliding with dark khaki tones to create a beautiful light balance.
- Overall Size: 16.9" x 21.6" / 43.5cm x 55cm.
- Size without the frame: 10.6" x 16.1" / 27cm x 41cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Paris Maurice (1903-1969).
- Date: 1900's.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition as is the carved frame.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe with a surcharge for Australia.