20th-century French School oil painting on canvas signed R. Urach (20th century) in the lower right corner. The work of texture to touch.
An Impressionist coastal landscape with straight brushstrokes at dynamic angles. The thick juxtaposition of the brushstrokes in the foreground creates a relief on the grey cliffs. This method of staggering the material is based on a palette rich in mineral colors which also fades with the depth of the view.
The location is reminiscent of the cliffs in Normandy.
- Overall Size: 18.8" x 25.5" / 48.5cm x 65.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 14.9" x 21.6" / 38cm x 55cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: R. Urach (20th).
- Date: Early 20th-century.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite some small veins and rare small gaps. The wooden frame has several small gaps and impacts.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.