French Antique Oil Painting: Landscape painting on stretched canvas from the 19th-century French School, signed Aline Le Mouton 1892-1971) in the lower left, and titled "La Place du Village."
The canvas is thick on the architecture of the village, like this stone tower in the center. The abundance of material and the work of shadows and contrasts is balanced. Le Mouton produced this work in the pure impressionist style.
About the artist: Le Mouton is from the Rouen School and she attended the Beaux-Arts in this Normandy capital. She traveled extensively in Europe, and across the world. She produced many landscapes in tawny colors, while her florals are deep and powerful.
- Overall size: 9.4" x 12.9" / 24cm x 33cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Aline Le Mouton (1892-1971).
- Date: Mid 1900's.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition despite a few small gaps on the edges due to age.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas. You can see the canvas used is a thick linen/metis material with a lovely texture.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).