French antique oil painting: Signed "Cury". A beautiful portrait from the French school XIX century, in the Renaissance style. The sitter is wearing a women's white linen cap. This stern-looking lady wears regional jewelry from northern France, from a rural area. Her milky look, and the angle of her head are reminiscent of the Dutch masters from the 1700's.
- Overall size: 16.5" x 12.9" / 42cm x 33.6cm.
- Size without the frame: 13.7" x 10.2" / 35.2cm x 26.7cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Cuny.
- Date: mid-1800's.
- Condition: Some veins on the edges of the canvas. A fine linear cut on (1-2 cm) on the top of the canvas, near her cap. Small notches at the bottom of the board and pin point holes above the head. We had this portrait framed by a master artisan framer (official FAS partner). The new frame combines dark shades and a golden interior outline, magnifying the brown background.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).