Fine European Antique Oil Painting with Gold frame: Oil on canvas, signed lower right Charles Henri de Riemaecker (1878 - 1935).
The viewer enters the square of a small village. Shutters are closed, the square is deserted, and weather gathers in the sky. De Riemaecker's pastel palette of the square is lively, but the light remains sober and authentic. With its quiet ambient tones, there is an expectation that emerges from this scene.
- Overall size: 20.8" x 24.8" / 53cm x 63cm.
- Size without the frame: 19.6" x 23.6" / 50cm x 60cm.
- Provenance: Belgium.
- Signed: Yes, Charles Henri de Riemaecker (1878 - 1935).
- Date: Early-1900's.
- Condition: The canvas has been restored and re-framed recently. However, it has a few veins in some places. The frame is in very good condition and adds an agreeably modern aesthetic.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).