Portraits from the French School of the first half of the 19th century. Oil painting on canvas signed E.Bodier. Two works of academic style with a very nice finish. The colors are rigorous and the painter perfectly transposes the expressions of the models. The husband seems impatient and his wife looks more amused, perhaps appropriate. She wears a large traditional shawl, white cap and a prominent budded cross.
- Overall size: 32.6" x 27.1" / 83cm x 69cm.
- Size without the frame: 27.5" X 21.6" / 70cm x 55.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes. E.Bodier.
- Date: 1800 - 1850.
- Condition: Small gaps, visible in the form of white spots, like his wife. Apparent veins but not pronounced. Tear, in 1-2" on the right side under the shoulder. Visible restoration with a patch on the back, 1" with two primary damages, and a third tiny point of restoration just on the right side. The original frame has suffered losses on the gilding edges with dozens of 1-3". The two keep a special cachet in their original frames and conditions from the first half of the 19th century.
- Materials: Oil on canvas,
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).