Original oil painting: A large-format work on wood under glass by Jean Lasnier.
About the painting: A florist can be seen preparing a bouquet for a customer, in a market stall, possibly Rungis. This scene is subdued by the use of a cold, deep palette. Jean brings out the subject in the middle of the table, with an explosion of steel blue and smoke that mingles with the white and yellow petals, creating an almost chrome hue.
The flowers are the stars, the vital epicenter of this painting. Lasnier plays with pearly deep blue, touches of Veronese green and shades of brick red.
- Overall size: 41.7" x 27.9" / 106.5cm x 71.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Jean Lasnier
- Date: Mid-1900.
- Condition: The wooden panel has some gaps in the corners, including the upper left corner. The missing paint areas are spread over a few areas of the painting (2.7"). The gaps in the lower right corner are approximately 1.5" long. The panel was curved at the edges before it was framed by a professional framer. The work is now protected under glass in an oak frame.
- Materials: Oil on carton framed under glass.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe