Oil portrait on canvas: A very unique, shy portrait of a bright-eyed woman with rosebuds in her hair, dating between the end of the 17th and the beginning of the 18th centuries. It is one of our oldest paintings, and bears the restoration date, 1902 on its back. It was relined onto linen during this period. Her effect is rustic and lovely.
- Overall size: 18.5" x 15.3" / 47cm x 39cm.
- Size without the frame: 15.3" X 12.2" / 39cm x 31cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No.
- Date: Late 1700's - Early 1800's.
- Condition: The canvas has small linear holes, including on the face of the sitter. There are some losses on the edges. The canvas has some visible veins and a slight patina effect all around the young woman due to the aging of the canvas and the restoration which is now over a century old. The surface is rough with little scratches and imperfections, but without significant damage. We had this portrait framed by an artisan framer (official FAS partner), to breathe new life into the canvas.
- Materials: Oil on canvas, relined with a linen canvas, stretched over a wooden frame.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).