Antique portrait painting: French School of the XIXth century oil on canvas painting, attributed to Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
The canvas is smooth despite a few thicknesses on the model's beard.
This male nude has a great mastery of morphological rendering. Ménard takes care of both the aesthetic aspect the model's character. The technique is academic, precise, and full of details while the approach is more personal, serious, dark, and deep. Ménard connects to the soul of his model and transcribes it to us with his gaze.
- Overall size: 14.9" x 11.4" / 38cm x 29cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No, attributed to Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: XIXth century.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite some old marks, there are some on the model's hair and one in the center of the abdomen.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo.