Man in Dark
Antique oil portrait on canvas from Paris: French School of the 19th-century oil on canvas. The canvas is perfectly smooth. An academic bust portrait of a French Bourgeois. The rendering is realistic with a detailed work of the physiognomy and its color variations.
The gentleman sitter is dressed to perfection, and yet looks like he doesn't want to be sitting for a painting, perhaps illuminating something of the relationship between the sitter and artist. Rare example of excellent condition, with a bold antique original frame.
- Overall size: 24" x 20" / 61.5cm x 51.5cm.
- Size without the Frame: 19.6" x 15.7" / 50cm x 40cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: 1800's.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Condition: The whole is robust however the canvas has small veins and marks, there is a gap (less than 0.3 ") next to the lower horizontal right angle. The frame has several impacts and small gaps, centralized mainly in the corners, some areas of the gilding those are slightly thinned with time.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.