Marché à Valence
20th-century French School oil on canvas mounted on wood, signed L. Gaudard in the lower right (19th & 20th century). The painting is located in Valence and dated July 24, 1907. The canvas has texture to the touch.
A view of a market and stalls in Valence, France from the beginning of the 20th-century created with rapid and ample brushstrokes. The intensity of the technique represents the pulse of activity in this quintessential morning scene. The market is the heart of the town and center of life and the perspective created by Gaudard enforces this with the illuminated street and stalls. The dazzling light on cobblestone transports us to the south in the heart of summer.
- Overall Size: 16.1" x 21.2" / 41.5cm x 54cm.
Size without the frame: 9.4" x 14.7" / 24.5cm x 37.5cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: L. Gaudard (19th & 20th century).
- Date: 1907.
- Condition: The painting and frame are in very good condition despite rare small impacts on the frame.
- Materials: Oil on canvas mounted on plywood with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.