Marché en Ville
20th-century oil painting on wood signed lower left (illegible). The work has a little texture to the touch.
This is a post-Impressionist market scene featuring numerous pedestrians, with two women positioned in the center. The brushstrokes are closely juxtaposed, bright and dense composition that animates the scene. This sense of dynamism is further emphasized by the varied textures present in the strokes. The lighting is even, and the color palette retains its strong pigmentation.
- Overall Size: 14.9" x 15.7" / 38cm x 40.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 11.4" x 11.8" / 29cm x 30.5cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Yes ( illegible).
- Date: Early-mid 1900's.
- Condition: The work is in good condition despite two small holes near the upper and lower central edges. The stucco frame is in good condition too.
- Materials: Oil on wood with a stucco frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.