20th-century oil painting on canvas signed in the lower right (illegible). The work is smooth to the touch.
A coastal landscape that likely depicts the cliffs of Étretat in Normandy with a sailboat drawn up on the sand of the low tide (Marée Basse) besides a few distant figures. The brushstrokes are broad yet disciplined. The juxtaposition of these brushstrokes in the sky is executed with emotion, resulting in a textured effect that enhances its perspective. Despite the contrasting shapes, the lines maintain a sense of harmony, giving rise to a feeling of tranquility in the view.
- Overall Size: 10.6" x 16.1" 27cm x 41cm.
- Country: France.
- Attributed: Yes ("P.I" illegible).
- Date: Mid-1900s.
- Condition: The canvas has a few small marks and small gaps on the edges.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.